PAT Testing Services
PAT Testing Services Provided Throughout the North East & UK
Summary of PAT Testing Services from PASSfm
PAT Testing is an essential aspect of your company's health & safety policy to ensure that your staff aren't harmed by faulty electrical equipment within your business premises. PAT Testing should be performed regularly to protect your employees and visitors to the workplace. PAT Testing should be carried out in accordance with the IET "Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (4th Edition)".
What is involved in PAT Testing Services?
- User check
The user check is a vital safety precaution. Many faults can be determined by a visual inspection. The user is the person most familiar with the equipment and may be in the best position to know whether it is in a safe condition and working properly. No record need be made of the user check unless some aspect of the equipment is unsatisfactory. User checks should be based on a risk assessment, but guidance is normally weekly or before use.
- Formal visual Inspection
Only a person competent to do so should carry out a formal visual inspection. The results of a formal visual inspection should be recorded on a suitable form.
- Combined Inspections and PAT testing
Only a person competent to do so should carry out Combined Inspection and Testing. The results should be recorded on a suitable form. In-services testing requires:
- An earth continuity test on Class 1 equipment
- Insulation resistance testing, if applicable, or protective conductor current/touch current test or substitute/alternative leakage test
- Functional checks
At PASSfm your portable appliances are in safe hands. Our fully comprehensive PAT Testing service includes the following:
- FREE plug fuses where required/if applicable
- Replacement of plug tops if any are cracked or deemed ‘unsafe’ from the visual checks (Additional cost)
- Certificate of Electrical Appliance Testing
- FREE plan to notify when your items are due to be re-tested, ensuring the integrity of your program and that you meet the legal requirement of regular PAT testing
- Full asset report along with detailed test results in format to suit you, a hard copy and on CD if desired.
- Full failure report detailing reasons for failure and recommendations to pass the test if any
Why use PASSfm for your PAT Testing
All our technicians are qualified to at least C&G 2377. Our dedicated support staff can schedule, organise and log all appointments. We have great connections to the major PAT tester manufactures, which gives us a comprehensive knowledge of the equipment we use.
With a combined experience of over 150 years of PAT testing behind us we are definitely one of the most experienced national PAT testing services company in the North East covering the UK, and have worked with some of the biggest names on the high street and industrial sectors out there.
Supporting Documents about PAT Testing
Maintaining portable electrical equipment in offices
Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
Maintaining electrical equipment safety
Further Links and Information about PAT Testing Services
Electrical safety at work
PAT Testing (Wikipedia)